Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sepia Scenes #72




Doorway to Nowhere
Socrates Sculpture Park

Socrates Sculpture Park is an outdoor exhibition space for sculpture. It is located at the intersection of Broadway and Vernon Boulevard in the neighborhood of Long Island City, Queens, New York City, United States, North America. In addition to exhibition space, the park offers an arts education program and job training.


Door to Nowhere
Socrates Sculpture Park


I applied a sepia tone from my Adobe Photoshop 7, then applied an old sepia tone from Photobucket. I faded the Photobucket sepia to take the pink out of it.

Mr. Linky is there for you to sign and please leave a comment. Visit your friends too! :)

14 comments:

Leora said...

I wonder what the artist was thinking. Reminds me a bit of Narnia - I believe in the last book, there was a door that led from one universe to another.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Interesting shots ~ makes me curious about going through the doors, especially the one with the door knocker.

Thank youfor hosting Sepia Scenes!

EG CameraGirl said...

Hmmmm. Do I dare go through either doorway? What will be on the other side? Could I suddenly find myself EG in Wonderland?

Ralph said...

These doors seem to go - where?? Letting us inside, or asking us to leave. Where to? Not much to guide us here, in or out??

Mona Sweden said...

Interesting shots. I like that theme: Doors to noway. It stirs my imagination.

Amanda said...

Those are some cool doors! could you walk through the first? The second looks you couldn't since it's half on the ground

Patti said...

It's like an outdoor version of "Let's Make A Deal."

Cool park ~ only in New York!!

Dharma Shots said...

Hi, my first time to join sepia..found this when I was searching for sepia tuts.

Anonymous said...

I like your photos Mary but I think calling an aluminum storefront art because someone set it up in the middle of a field is ludicrous.

Marice said...

those are pretty interesting but a bit eerie too! i probably wont pass those doors!

Napaboaniya APAD said...

Door to the other dimension? :P
Happy Sepia Scenes Mary!

JewWishes said...

What excellent captures of artistic license and creativity.

It certainly gives one thoughts to ponder, regarding the theme.

Gunsside Norway said...

I like this,interesting shots
Have a nice weekend ;)

Irene said...

Interesting shots! And thanks for visiting!