Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sepia Scenes #104

Hi everyone! It's time again for Sepia Scenes!

In China she is the personification of compassion itself, the “compassionate One” (1) and “the most powerful being in the entire Chinese Pantheon.” (7)
As the Chinese Buddhist bodhisattva “Kuan-Yin embodies the Divine Feminine” (1) and is known as the “Great Mother of China”. (8) She is the goddess of fertility, of healing and of magic. She is a mother figure, a friend, a guide and a protector for women. She is what ever you need her to be. For it is her sacred task to “hear the cries of the world” and to answer them with love, mercy and compassion.

right below is Mr. Linky for you today!

14 comments:

B i r g i t t a said...

A relly powerful woman and she looks very content with life :)
http://foto.rudenius.se/post/2010/10/12/Sepia-Scenes-Love.aspx

Francisca said...

Guanyin does have a very feminine appeal, but the Chinese believers I know say s/he has no gender. S/he is the embodiment of an enlightened being who has forgone becoming a buddha in order to stay close to earth and help humans [a bit like guardian angels]. There are many guanyins, like there are many buddhas. But it seems different religions (Taoist, Buddhist) or sects will have their own version. Whatever the story, I really like her/him. We have a number of guanyin statues in our home.

Heather said...

I've never learned as much about the guanyin statue's until right now...I've seen them. I like how you've shared yours with us.

Day4plus said...

We sold many statues of Kuan Yin to gardeners for their yards. A popular item. Very delicate and beautiful. MB

Annie Jeffries said...

Lovely and peaceful. I should buy one of these for my garden in the hopes that she will improve my very light green thumb.

kayerj said...

love the sepia and the shadows on her face. I always enjoy the history behind your photo's as well

ruthi said...

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Mary - I posted a bad link as your number 19. I reposted with a correct link. Please delete the bad guy. Thank you nice lady.

qehenne said...

isnt this suppose to be Sepia 104?

Lui said...

I agree. God has no gender. What an inspiring image for the Divine Feminine!

Unknown said...

"Sepia Scenes" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2010/10/sites-to-see_15.html

Gunsside said...

Im in at last
Beautiful face you show this week :))

♥ Kathy said...

I think she's lovely Mary & I enjoyed the history too :)

Gary Orona said...

Nice photo of Guan Yin. Here in Hongkong she is called Kun Yam.